A quick journey back to May this year will see a team of 4 busy carrying out roof works on this character-infused, Grade II listed church in Soho Square, London.
We were contracted for a five week project, where a wide range of roof repairs were to be carried out. Tasks included:
- High level roof repairs for tile and slate replacement
- Bell cote bird prevention netting
- Bell tower netting for catching slip-slates (inch-thick Westmorland green type)
- Clearance and repairs to all high level rainwater goods
- Installation of six Georgian wire glass dome windows, utilising an elaborate haul system to get them on the roof (see photo on right!)
The client and the team were very happy with the work.
The client so happy in fact, that as soon as we completed the contract, they emailed us saying:
“Thank you for the fantastic work done at the church. It’s been good for us as well as our team & we’re grateful for it.”
We have now been asked to carry out more works to their beautiful sash windows, with the team already back on site!
Update – following the completion of these works and the subsequent high level sash window maintenance and repair works, our company were asked to return annually for all of the church’s work at height and rope access needs under a rolling programme.
It’s an honour for us to be trusted with the maintenance of such a stunning place of worship and has now become one of the abseil team’s favourite heritage sites.